More and more people around the world are realizing the importance of a healthy body and embarking on various weight loss journeys. Most, however, would love to learn how to lose weight without loose skin being left on their body. As this is something not covered in many weight loss tutorials. Here’s what to you can do to lose weight without having sagging skin.
1. Do not skip breakfast
Many people wrongly assume that by skipping meals, especially breakfast, they are well on their way to losing weight. This is far from the truth though, as breakfast is one of the most important meals that determines how you start your day. Good breakfast helps you begin your day on the right track. A heavy and filling breakfast keeps you satisfied during the day, staving off cravings for more food later in the day. You should, however, ensure that your breakfast is well balanced by having lean protein (such as eggs and beans), fiber (such as fruits, vegetables, and 100% whole grains), and cutting down on carbs.
A well balanced and filling breakfast ensures that you will be full the entire day. Thereby reducing cravings for snacks in the course of the day and helping you lose weight. The downside to this is that you may be tempted to eat lots of processed foods such sausages, or still eat more food during the day, hampering your weight loss efforts.
2. Check your diet
Checking your diet and eliminating any processed or packaged foods, and cutting down on carbs is often the most important step when losing weight. You can do this in several ways:
Reduce the sugars and starches (carbs) in your food
Carbs stimulate the secretion of insulin, the main fat-storing hormone in the body, the most. With more insulin in the body, the body converts the carbohydrates you eat into fat and stores them in various body parts, leading to weight gain. Consumption of fewer carbs means that the body, after burning the few available carbs to use as fuel, will burn the stored fat, resulting in weight loss.
Avoid fatty foods such as fries, and processed meat
Such as sausages, bacon, canned meat, and meat-based sauces, as these can lead to weight gain. Eat whole fresh foods, since processed and packaged foods use salt, which is high in sodium, as a preservative. This means that you should eat fresh fruits and vegetables, low-fat dairy, lean protein, and whole grains.
Eat more lean proteins and vegetables.
Each meal should include low-carb vegetables, a lean protein source, and a fat source. Some of the protein sources include fish and sea food, lean meat, and eggs. Low-carb vegetables such as kale, spinach, broccoli, cucumber, Swiss chard, and cucumbers, and fat sources such as olive, coconut, and avocado oils are easily available in most places.
Eat foods that have a high fiber content
Foods with a high fiber content help you feel full, thereby reducing the amount of food you eat, which in turn is good for weight loss. Fiber is found in plant-based foods such as fruits and vegetables, beans, peas, lentils, and whole grain bread.
This method ensures that you reduce your carbs intake and eat healthy foods that not only result in weight loss but also improve your health in general.
3. Exercise at least thrice a week
Exercising burns a lot of calories by building lean muscle tissue, which in turn results in weight loss. This also prevents the body’s metabolism from slowing down. Therefore increasing the rate at which fat is burned in the body. You may opt to go to the gym, or do simple exercises like running, walking, and swimming. Swimming is actually a highly recommended exercise since it involves most of the body’s muscles, thereby burning fat at a faster rate.
Exercises, when combined with a good and healthy diet, result in fast and natural weight loss and a toned body. Exercising, though not easy, is worth it. Overdoing it may be a problem, however, as after an intense workout one may feel hungry and end up eating a lot of food, thereby undoing the work done during the exercise session.
How to lose weight without loose skin and still be beautiful naturally
Many people, after losing weight, have unsightly saggy skin left on their body. Here are tips on how to lose weight without loose skin being left on your body.
- Lose weight at a reasonable pace. Losing weight at a slow rate (about two pounds per week) gives your skin enough time to shrink, as opposed to losing too much weight over a short period.
- Hydrate by drinking lots of water. Dehydration reduces the skin’s elasticity, and if for over a long period, the skin may not recover, leading to sagging. Ensure you drink about 3 liters each day.
- Incorporate a workout plan into your weight loss plan, to help build more muscle tissue to fill the void left by the lost fat. This firms up the skin and reduces any sagging.
- Avoid smoking and excess sun exposure. These reduce the elasticity of your skin, thereby leading to sagging as you lose weight.
- Losing weight, with overweight people is very important. But moreover how to lose weight without loose skin should also be considered. Most people go for fad diets that promise fast and miraculous weight loss without thinking about the impact of such fat diets on their health. Weight loss is best done by changing your diet to a healthy one and complementing it with exercises. Do not sit around and think that all the extra weight will go on its own – take the initiative and start the journey to a healthier life today.